Somehow I can’t believe there are any heights that can’t be scaled by a man who knows the secret of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C’s. They are Curiosity, Confidence, Courage, and Constancy and the greatest of these is Confidence. When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably.
- Walt Disney
The secrets of a Change Agent:
- Patience. Take the time to know and understand what needs to change and why.
- Listen. To everyone. You never know who has your next great idea.
- Be decisive. Make no room for paralysis by analysis.
- Be positive. “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” – Walt Disney
- Passion. Have passion for the purpose not the process.
- Nil desperandum (Never despair) – Horace. Don’t give in or give up.
- Trust. Yourself. Your team. Your customers. Your ideas.
- Know What You Know. Understand the Knowledge Matrix and the secret of The Gold Mine.
- Boldly go. Not rashly. Not recklessly. Not disrespectfully. Boldly.
- DON’T PANIC! No matter how bad things may be, PANIC will always make them worse.
Change Agents who use these secrets have a built-in Change Agent Decoder Ring. They are the leaders of change. They see the butterfly in the caterpillar. They are the ones folks turn to during difficult and turbulent times. They are not afraid, or at least seem to be brave and bold and inspire confidence, the greatest secret of making dreams come true, in those around them. Change Agents cross the Delaware, free the slaves, lead a million man march on Washington D.C., walk on the moon, and see opportunity where others see failure.
Copyright © 2010 by Mike Reardon. All rights reserved. Reproduction of content or graphics without express permission by the author is strictly forbidden. Excerpts and quotations are allowed only if a link back to MikeReardonOnline.com is included.